2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 2:53 PM by andreas

Pasting symbols via automation

If you select all symbols on one display and want to paste them to another display that has no symbols, does ProcessBook default to start pasting the symbols from (-15000,15000)?  Is this the default position if no where on the display has been clicked before pasting?  Any ideas on how I could match the position from where to paste the symbols apart from finding the upper left most symbol and pasting from there?

• Re: Pasting symbols via automation
          cescamilla

A lot of questions :)

Rhys @ RJK Solutions

does ProcessBook default to start pasting the symbols from (-15000,15000)?

Yes, but I think it is set to -14999,15000 (top left corner of the display)

Rhys @ RJK Solutions

Is this the default position if no where on the display has been clicked before pasting?

Yes, when you click somewhere the last position is used.

Rhys @ RJK Solutions

Any ideas on how I could match the position from where to paste the symbols apart from finding the upper left most symbol and pasting from there?

No. Well, I do have another idea, but it is as bad as the one you already discarded. Add an empty symblo to the topleft corner (a logo or something) and then it will always land at the specific and exact place you need it to be at. Another idea would be to enclose the objects you want to use in a frame, the frame will then have the coordinates you need and it will resize if you click on view all.

I'm sorry i couldn't come up with something better.

• Re: Pasting symbols via automation
            andreas

how about zoom to fit all:

Me.Zoom = "FitAll"

and using the visble area:

MsgBox Me.ViewLeft & vbCrLf & Me.ViewTop & vbCrLf & Me.ViewLeft + Me.ViewWidth & vbCrLf & Me.ViewTop - Me.ViewHeight