Eng-Kiat.E.K.Tan

PI datalink forn Excel 4.0/Excel Web access Moss 2007

Discussion created by Eng-Kiat.E.K.Tan on Mar 26, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2010 by Eng-Kiat.E.K.Tan

Hi, My question is regarding the PI Datalink for Excel services. I have contacted the support team. At this stage, they do not have any answer for me so i am guessing maybe somebody in this forum can help me :)

I have a datalink spreadsheet which is working, so i put it on sharepoint and use the excel web access to display the sheet. However, the 'Operation in progress' message keeps on showing up everytime somebody access the site, and since this is a daily production report. I wonder if there is a way to cache the result at the first go, so the next user will be able to skip the operation in progress and the calculation process.

----------------------------

When user A goes into the page, he will sees this message. “Operation in Progress “. The page loads for 5 mins, and then it appears. He finishes using it and close the page.

Then 5 mins later, he wants to see the page again. He goes into it, and then sees “ Operation in Progress “ again.

My question is; is there a way to prevent this ? cache the result or anything ? so the report won’t have to be regenerated again since in this case, it is a daily report.

Another scenario is user A goes into the page, he will sees this message. “Operation in Progress “. The page loads for 5 mins, and then it appears.

Then User B also goes into the page and he also sees the message “Operation in Progress “.

Then User C also goes into the page and he also sees the message “Operation in Progress “.

So will this crash the PI server for doing redundant jobs ? Is there a feature to combat this ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Tan

Outcomes