This is weird. I tried doing the exact same thing that you described, with the same version of Datalink on Excel 2007. It doesn't seem to be giving me the same problem. I guess standard troubleshooting questions apply here, if you do this on another instance of Excel, or another machine does it give you the same problem?
If you open another option in right-click menu, "Trend Definition", does it show 4 or 5 traces?
Given what you described, I can't see any reason why a 5th trace would appear in the format menu. I would encourage you to engage our Techsupport team as well. They would be able to assist you in this type of issue
Exactly , this is really weird. I tried adding the trends using both VBA and manually but both gave me same result on every machine. I don't have Excel 2007. I ran this trend on Excel 2003.
When I right click to define trends, it does show 4 traces. One more thing happened yesterday. I didn't mind PITrend control window showing 5 traces as the trend on the sheet was showing 4 traces which I wanted. But when I went to change the color of first trace , PITrenc control automatically added one more traces . Further everytime I change the color ( or change thickness etc under the format options ) , it added extra trace not only in PITrend control window but on the trend on the sheet as well!!!
Here is how it looks like when I change the color of first trace.
Trend Control Properties:
Define Trend Window:
PIExcel Data control properties (After going in VBA mode and selecting Modify the data sources ).
I will contact the techsupport . Thanks
Joseph SchipaniRight... that definitely looks like a bug caused by some environmental factor. Your best bet is to get Tech Support involved, such that they can search their Knowledge base for similar occurences and involve the developer if need be. Good luck and don't hesitate to come back tell us what the problem was!
I will contact the techsupport
I contacted the tech support and here is their reply
It looks like the issue is caused by the trailing space in the trace named 'Glucose '.
There will be an enhancement made to handle this issue in the future.
I removed the trailing space and it worked for me. I added the trailing space to other trace names and the trace repeated as mentioned in this post.
Try for yourself.
Glad you found the issue (and a bug to fix ).
Thanks for following up on this!