MichaelvdV@Atos

PI OLEDB Column name mixup (bug?)

Discussion created by MichaelvdV@Atos on May 11, 2010
Latest reply on May 12, 2010 by MichaelvdV@Atos

Hi all,

 

I'm working on a project using the PI OLEDB COM connector and a a custom webservice that accepts data and puts it into PI or SQL server.

 

I've been breaking my head on this issue for quite some time, and I decided to build a simple test application. I found something interesting I would like to share and have some feedback on (specially from the PI OLEDB developers).

 

It seems there is a mixup of column names in PI OLEDB. It seems that the 'Record Number' (recno) is displayed as the PointID in PI OLEDB, and the PI OLEDB PointNumber column is actually the PointID. I think the OLEDB PointNumber column should be the 'Record Number' attribute. (the OLEDB table does not have a 'recno' column).

 

I've made 2 screenshots that will illustrate this. PI SMT (and the Excel SMT add-in) give different values for PointID.

 

http://imgur.com/v3NKN.png

 

http://imgur.com/hUjLB.png

 

So, If I want to have the real PointID from PI OLEDB, I have to select the PointNumber. The PointID in PI OLEDB is actually the Record Number (recno). I'm using PI OLEDB 3.3.0.1

 

I'm kind of baffled here

 

 

 

 

Outcomes