I am facing an issue with ACE connection. I am already in touch with OSISoft techsupport team (Call # 303737 )but want to discuss with everybody, so that if somebody has already faced this issue he/she can help in resolving it fast.
The configuration is as follows :
- PI Servers as collective node. 1 primary and 1 secondary
- ACE Server is a separte machine with ACE Scheduler and class libraries.
Everything was running fine but suddenly few days before Primary PIServer was down (Disk Crash). So everything (OPC Interfaces, Clients..etc) switched to connect to Secondary PIServer. ACE scheduler which was updating data on both the server perviously, stop updating data on secondary server from the day primary server is down. As per configuration, ACE should automatically switch to Secondary PIServer and calculations should not stop updating. But that is not happening.
With Proper Buffering setup, ACE automatically sends data to all members in server collective. It was happening till the primary was working but from the day primary is down, it stop updating data to secondary PIServer also.
Workaround we (Me and OSISoft techsupport team) did :
- Confirmed that Buffering is ON on ACE Server ---- ON and runnning
- Restart all the interfaces then Buffering subsystem including ACEscheduler. ------- succesfully restarted
- Checked connection of PIServer through PISDK. ---- Connecting to collective node as secondary piserver
After all this work around, we found lot of messages in log files that "ACE not able to connect to PRIMARY PISERVER" and 1 message from ACENetScheduler.exe that "Failed to connect to server TABPICOLL : 8004078a" ---- TABPICOLL is the name of collective. Still there is no connection between ACEScheduler and Secondary PIServer.
please Reply if somebody is aware of this.