1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 2, 2010 11:33 AM by hanyong

Alarm customization

formerpigeek

Hi, I need to address the following scenarios in my application using PI Alarm view.

1. I would like to display a custom text in the Alarm viewer for each and every Alarm, I tried specifying the message in the Text property of the Alarm point. But these texts are not being displayed in the alarm view when an alarm is triggered.
      2. Is there a way where in we can define or apply our own filters on Alarm History.
      3. I want to display all of the unacknowledged alarms in alarm view and when the alarm is recovered I would like to display an alarm saying the so and so alarm was recovered. Ex: Say a High limit violation alarm is occured and acknowledged by the user, next the value comes below the High limit and hence generally speaking the alarm is recovered, this I would like to generate as a Alarm so that user would come to know that the High alarm has been recovered.

Thanks & Regards
      Kavita

• Re: Alarm customization
          hanyong

Hi Kavita,

I would really recommend that you contact our Techsupport Team on the issues that you are facing with PI Alarm. They would be better equipped to answer your questions here.

A quick answer based on what I know from before:

Kavita Enner

I would like to display a custom text in the Alarm viewer for each and every Alarm, I tried specifying the message in the Text property of the Alarm point. But these texts are not being displayed in the alarm view when an alarm is triggered.

I believe the text attributes (txt1, txt2, txt3, txt4) for PI Alarm tags are not utilized. Which probably explains why you do not see them.

Han Yong