2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2010 8:25 AM by anthony.buchanan

DataLink overflow error

anthony.buchanan

We have a user who gets the following error message whenever she uses DataLink Tag Search to select a point - 'PI-DL >Error 6: Overflow in runTagSearch'.  If another user logs on to her machine, it works and if she logs into a different machine it works.  It only fails for her profile on her PC.  I can't find any reference to this error on vCampus or Techsupport, so I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I believe the version of DataLink is 3.1.6

Thanks,

Anthony

• Re: DataLink overflow error

I would like to kindly invite you to contact our regular Technical Support team for this type of questions... The OSIsoft vCampus program and its various features are really meant for development and integration topics, whereas our Tech Support team handles end-user and PI administrator questions (e.g. installation, configuration, usage, etc.). They are much better equipped (and staffed!) to search for this kind of issues and tracking of bugs/requests.

On vCampus we focus on scenarios where people want to develop a solution or integrate the PI System with other systems/products - in other words, the focus is on the Data Access products (SDKs, OLEDB/JDBC, OPC, Web Services, etc.) and extensibility (ProcessBook/Office/SharePoint add-ins). Think of Microsoft's MSDN and TechNet programs, which target developers/integrators and system admins, respectively.

All the best!