Halenger

Community Help - Questions (AF vs. MD)

Discussion created by Halenger Champion on Jul 19, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 by spilon

vCampus Community,

I've been trying diligently to use the vCampus subscription, community discussion halls, courses, and webinars to self teach myself all about PI.  However, I remain stuck on a few things (basic at that):

Is/did AF basically replacing Module Database?  It looks to me there is no "perk" in using Module Database as AF does exactly that and more... Am I wrong with thinking like this?  If so, then what would be better to organize my tags/system in an asset hierarchy to implement in web pages (getting the data in graphs/reports/dashboards, etc...)?

It might help to know what my project entails: I'm working for a school that has buildings throughout campus measuring chilled water, domestic water, steam, and electricity through their BAS.  I'm collecting in PI a yearly total for each specific measurement.  Some buildings have all measurements; some maybe measuring only one of the four energies mentioned.  Point is, not all buildings are the same.  I need to then create web pages with dashboards illustrating the energy useage of the buildings.  How would an experienced PI user handle going about this - creating a project path to follow?  A big problem I am having right now is having TOO much information from OSI and I'm getting confused with "should I use MD? use AF? and/or use ACE?"  In addition, I know there is a new PI 2010 package coming out next month.  Should I wait then for something new that might be applicable to my needs?

I'd appreciate any feedback/suggestions...

Kind Regards,

John

Outcomes