3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 2:48 PM by Bannikov

Interface Monitoring Displays

AlistairFrith

The PI Server Monitor kit comes with a PI Server health display for Processbook that neatly shows various aspects of the server operation.

Is there an equivalent for monitoring interfaces? If you create all the interface health points through the ICU, you get loads of aliases and properties. It would be pretty easy to create a module relative display to show all these for a selected interface (with the issue that different interfaces will have different numbers of scan classes) but is there a standard one already built?

Likewise I would also like to have a single display that gives me the most important measures for all my interfaces (we have a customer with potentially hundreds!). Again, has anything been pre-built?

--- Alistair.

• Re: Interface Monitoring Displays
          AlistairFrith

I said...

If you create all the interface health points through the ICU, you get loads of aliases and properties. It would be pretty easy to create a module relative display to show all these for a selected interface

but I have just tried this and come across the issue that you can't add any modules from the %OSI tree in the MDB. So it actually seems to be pretty difficult to create such a module-relative display.

It should still be acheivable through VBA or a Processbook addin but that seems a little extreme. Is there an easier way?

--- Alistair.

cescamilla

Well, you could copy and paste the %OSI part of the interface to somewhere else! but it won't stay in sync. I know this is not polite but hey, it works.

I usually go with the health tags and have not had to worry about displaying them before. I would like to hear what the community thinks of this and how they have solved it before.

Bannikov

MCN Health Monitor package contains templates for building monitoring displays. It maybe useful in this case