RJKSolutions

Shifts in Event Frames

Discussion created by RJKSolutions on Aug 3, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 by ccoen

Following on from this discussion in the AFSDK section: https://vcampus.osisoft.com/forums/t/1239.aspx

Chris,

I have seen and use another system that centers around the concept of shifts, after all everything happens during a shift.  The way it works just looks like a perfect fit to event frames, perhaps if event frames is used to provide a different "views" on events.  Once shifts are defined and event frames generated, any other event frame generated during the shift by default gets a weak reference to the shift.  Then client tools (ProcessBook or successor) can easily attach to a "shift" event frame and see data/events for that shift, even "play back" previous shifts and see the event frames pop up as they happened (link to notifications?) - viewing in real-time will allow new event frames generated to pop up too.  I would like to see some nice concept visualisations of event frames, I have some in my head but wonder how others plan to visualise them.

This brings me nicely to end of shift reports (useful for shift handover) that could be automatically generated based on event frames/categories/references via datalink...but I am sure that is too far down the line anyway.

Just some food for thought.

Outcomes