6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2010 11:23 AM by andreas

PI System 2010 is released!

As you might have seen in today's Technical Support Newsletter and on the Technical Support website, OSIsoft is pleased to announce PI System 2010 is now available. This latest version of the PI System was launched this morning, and it promises to enable faster decisions and drive excellence across the enterprise with a proven infrastructure and the tools to support it.

The new products were made available on the vCampus Download Center and are currently making their way to the Library.

There are several significant changes to this release - both from a technical and a licensing standpoint -, so we strongly recommend you read the release notes and documentations for the products you download.

We also invite you to join us on Wednesday August 11th, as Jon Peterson, Vice President of Marketing will provide information on the key features and enhancements of the industry standard in enterprise infrastructure, for management of real-time data and events. A quick overview will be presented followed by a Q&A session with Jon and the Product Management team.

Enjoy!

• Re: PI System 2010 is released!
          MichaelvdV@Atos

Congratulations to OSIsoft and the development team for bringing out this next major release!

For me, it's still not very clear what the licensing changes are now AF + PI are bundled.

Michael @ Atos Origin

Congratulations to OSIsoft and the development team for bringing out this next major release!
              Thanks!

Michael @ Atos Origin

For me, it's still not very clear what the licensing changes are now AF + PI are bundled.
              Then make sure you join us on the webcast on Wednesday August 11th (or watch the recording). Also make sure you contact your Account Manager.

I would also like to invite everybody you to browse the www.osisoft.com website as it underwent a major content update geared toward the PI System 2010 launch and our "6 pillars" (Collect, Historize, Find, Analyze, Visualize and Deliver). Note the data sheets and presentations referenced at the bottom of each of those pages.

Enjoy!

Scott

I just installed the May 2010 vCampus this morning.  Would it be worth my time to download PI System 2010 and start over next week? 

Thanks,

Absolutely! (unfortunately...)

The "May 2010" version of the vCampus PI Products Kit includes the latest version of our products - up until 2 days ago...

On August 4th we just launched the PI System 2010, which is comprised of many different "2010" components (e.g. PI Server, AF Server, PI WebParts, PI Web Serviecs, PI OLEDB Enterprise, etc.). I invite you to read the release notes, documentations, our website, etc., as this is a major release on several aspects. One of those aspects is the synergy between PI and AF, and how we move from PI Module Database (MDB) from AF.

Scott

I installed a new PI System 2010 yesterday and today, but now I can't get the PItoPI interface to work.  I have been using the PI ICU.  When I go to the “PItoPI” section of the ICU I should see “7 tabs for each scan class”, as per page 48-49 of the “PI to PI TCP/IP Interface to the PI System”, version 3.8.1.0, user manual.  However, I see the a big white box labeled "Additional parameters (in standard interface command line format):"    I would enter the parameters I need if I knew what they were and knew command line format.  I didn't have any issues when I installed the "May 2010" vCampus server. 

So what changed between server versions?  I have searched manuals and release notes and not found the answer.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks,

andreas

Hi Neffite,

I would like to invite you to contact our Technical Support team instead (TechSupport@osisoft.com - +1-510-297-5828 ). The OSIsoft vCampus program and its various features are really meant for programming, development and integration topics. Just like Microsoft's MSDN. On the other hand, "end-user" and "PI administration" questions (e.g. installation, configuration, usage, etc.) are still best handled by our technical support team.

The Technical Support team should be aware of any issue or change between the versions.