4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 12:27 PM by janio

Auto Update from excel

janio

Hi,

I have an excel spreadsheet with the data of an online accompaniment and I need start automaticaly the auto-update of PI in Excel using VB when the Excel initialize. The support of OSIsoft says that it is not possible.

I used a simple solution describe above and i want know if anyone know another solution to help me?

Thank you.

Sub RealTime()

recalcula = Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")
          Application.Workbooks("SSC_PI_V1.xls").Application.ontime recalcula, "atualizar"
      End Sub

Sub atualizar()
          Application.Workbooks("SSC_PI_V1.xls").Worksheets("principal").Cells(7, 5) = Now
          Application.Workbooks("SSC_PI_V1.xls").Application.CalculateFullRebuild
          Call RealTime
      End Sub

• Re: Auto Update from excel

Have you looked into the Update function provided in PI DataLink 2010 (that was introduced in PI DataLink 4.1)?

janio

Hi,

In the datalink 4.1 we have an auto-update function that works well but we need click in the button to start.

I need a feature that starts an update of the data when the excel starts in the sub workbook_open() because i don't want that the user needs to click in the auto-update button. I tried to start the PI auto-update function with the VB but I couldn't and the support tell me that it is not possible.

I think that the solution that i was used is the best solution but I want know if exist another solution.

Thank's

DaveWilson

I had a similar use for an automated update every 60 seconds, starting from opening the spreadsheet. I solved it with;

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
                  StartTimer
              End Sub

Sub RunAll()
                  Application.Workbooks("SinusoidData.xls").Application.CalculateFullRebuild
                  StartTimer
              End Sub

Sub StartTimer()
                  ' The timer routine is atarted when the sheet is opened, and runs for the 60 seconds, after
                  ' which it runs the subroutine above, which again calls the timer routine and it starts
                  ' all over again.
                  Application.OnTime EarliestTime:=TimeValue(Now() + TimeSerial(0, 0, 60)), procedure:="RunAll", schedule:=True
              End Sub