1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 9:15 PM by Ahmad Fattahi

Select a child of a composite symbol

AlistairFrith

I thank it would be useful to be able to do things to children of composite objects...

Say the user wants to turn one child of a composite symbol into a multistate, or change the colour or line style or font etc. Basically, I want to be able to select a child of a composite and then do 'something' with it.

I have a C# .Net addin that has dialog that lists the components of a selected composite object in a treeview control. From my testing so far, it seems that changing the 'Selected' property of composite symbol's child symbol does not actually select the child symbol. Is the Selected attribute ignored by Processbook for all symbols that are not actually children of the Display?

I have just had a thought: Instead of changing each symbol's Selected attribute, maybe I could add/remove the symbols from the display's SelectedSymbols collection.

I shouldn't be spending time on this today but does anyone have any input about how Processbook handles selecting symbols and composites? Is there a way of doing this?

--- Alistair