jeffjamesmcmahon

x64 SDK Installation Problem

Discussion created by jeffjamesmcmahon on Sep 10, 2010
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 by spilon

Hi all, Recently went from developing on x86 to x64. My app ran fine on x86 and does not on x64.

I have unsuccessfully tried the following installation procedures related to PI SDK installation... ( all using the May 2010 iso from vCampus downloads)

1) Install only the x64 SDK - its missing the Control and Dialog assemblies and i need those

2) Install only the x86 SDK - get a bad image exception trying to load OSIsoft.PISDK.dll

3) Install both x64 and x86 - reference PISDK, PISDKCommon and TimeServer from x64 and the dlg and control assemblies from x86 - my "service" will run that has no user interaction, data collection via EventPipes works great - my UI crashes when trying to load the Dlg assembly

4) Install x64 client tools (to get to the SDK) - installation actually fails on some ACE path not found error... - can't explore any further since there is no installation

5) Install x86 client tools (to get to the SDK) - client tools run fine - bad image exception on load of PISDK assembly

6) Download and install PI SMT 2010 (that includes a recent release of the SDK). - client tools run fine - same issues with bad image exception since it is 32 bit.  

I guess what I am looking for is guidance on what SDK I should be installing for x64 ... (remember I want to use the OSIsoft controls and dialogs too).

Thanks Jeff

P.S. See you at vCampus Live in a couple of days :-)

Outcomes