2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2010 9:06 PM by lpagemorin

MDB to AF Preparation Wizard using command lines?

lpagemorin

Hi,
      I would like to know if it is possible to perform the MDB to AF Preparation Wizard using command lines? I know a command exist to reset the MDB (piaflink -resetmdb), but are there any commands that could help me perform this preparation automatically, without user intervention? I would like to be able to run .bat files on remote computers to accomplish the preparation, thanks.

Thank you and have a nice day!

• Re: MDB to AF Preparation Wizard using command lines?
          skwan

Hi:

DO NOT use the command line option for resetting MDB. Always use the PI SMT plugin to reset MDB. The command line was the only way for the beta releases but for the final release, command line option is not recommended. This is because the user privileges that AFLink subsystem runs under when using a command line option may not be the same as the user privileges that the AFLink subsystem runs as a service.

There are no externally supported command line arguments for the MDB-AF Migration Wizard.

If anyone has further questions, I'm going to suggest that you contact tech support as they are best equipped to answer these types of questions.

Regards, Steve