14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 12:03 AM by Henryk Schneider

Access denied - Query didn't pass security validation error when trying to access AF via Pi Web Services

asanford

I have just got PI web services 2010 working; I can read time series data from a pi path ("pi:\\MyServer\cdt158") fine. However, I cannot seem to read that same data using an AF path (such as "af:\\MyServer\Database1\MyElement1|MyTimeSeriesNumber1").  I get the following error message returned: "[PI SQL (AF) Service] Access denied. Query didn't pass security validation" I see similar errors in the windows app event log.  How do I debug this?  In PI/AF system explorer, I can see that I have full read/write access to this element and attribute, and I my account is also listed in the AFServers security group.  The service account the IIS app pool is using this same account, as is the client calling the web service.  I am using basic http binding with no security - I had some trouble (even with the PI paths) getting the wsHttpBinding working reliably (perhaps due to my slow remote connection to my domain - my ws calls were timing out.)  I know the AF query is working to some extent, because if I change the db name to a bogus name ("Database2", for example), I get a good error saying it couldn't find that db.  Also, I get the same access denied error if I specify a non-existing element name ("af:\\MyServer\Database1\MyElement2|MyTimeSeriesNumber1").  So maybe it is some problem with security on Database1?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!