5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 7:43 PM by AlistairFrith

PIServer2010 upgrade problems with AF after machine rename

AlistairFrith

Don't know if this is where this should live, or maybe it sould be a support call.

I am trying to upgrade my PI Server 3.4.380 dest/dev/play system to PI 2010. The issue seems to be related to the fact that the machine name was changed a while ago, from "CSDL3148Client" to "PIServer". All was working fine though, until the upgrade.

SQLServer Express was already installed.

I installed AF2010 and I don't recall any problems. I think I would have noticed if it had been installed using the old machine name.

I upgraded SMT to SMT2010. Again, no problems.

I tried to run the MDB to AF Preparation Wizard and it tried to connect to CSDL3148Client (the old machine name) for the AF database.

I then tried to run AF Explorer and it also tries to connect to CSDL3148Client as the AF Server. The new name "PIServer" does not even appear in the list.

I searched the registry and found numerous mentions of CSDL3148Client and changed them all to "PIServer" and performed a system reboot but this has not changed anything.

I have search C:\PI and C:\Program Files\PIPC for any mention of "csdl3148" but only found it in log files.

Where else do I need to look in order to complete this name change?

Regards,

--- Alistair.