AlistairFrith

PIServer2010 upgrade problems with AF after machine rename

Discussion created by AlistairFrith on Nov 18, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 by AlistairFrith

Don't know if this is where this should live, or maybe it sould be a support call.

I am trying to upgrade my PI Server 3.4.380 dest/dev/play system to PI 2010. The issue seems to be related to the fact that the machine name was changed a while ago, from "CSDL3148Client" to "PIServer". All was working fine though, until the upgrade.

SQLServer Express was already installed.

I installed AF2010 and I don't recall any problems. I think I would have noticed if it had been installed using the old machine name.

I upgraded SMT to SMT2010. Again, no problems.

I tried to run the MDB to AF Preparation Wizard and it tried to connect to CSDL3148Client (the old machine name) for the AF database.

I then tried to run AF Explorer and it also tries to connect to CSDL3148Client as the AF Server. The new name "PIServer" does not even appear in the list.

I searched the registry and found numerous mentions of CSDL3148Client and changed them all to "PIServer" and performed a system reboot but this has not changed anything.

I have search C:\PI and C:\Program Files\PIPC for any mention of "csdl3148" but only found it in log files.

Where else do I need to look in order to complete this name change?

Regards,

--- Alistair.

Outcomes