3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2010 1:30 AM by Gopal

visio with PI Data in Sharepoint 2010

nunoaguiar

Hi all!!

Is there any how to showing how to connect PI Data on an Excel file to a Visio 2010 web drawing and then publishing the visio file on a Sharepoint 2010 Portal?

I've tried doing this but the values on my visio file don't get updated.

Thanks in advance

Nuno

• Re: visio with PI Data in Sharepoint 2010

You need to point to a Excel file that is getting updated via Excel services. Is your Excel updating?

nunoaguiar

Hi Gopal,

My excel file is getting update, but my visio file not.

I'm uploading my files so that you can have a look.

Thank you very much for your Help

Nuno

I have not looked at your files. Instead of PI data, how about  non PI data such as =Now() in Excel and being displayed in Visio - do they update?

Or, even simpler, just use some data (not PI data)  that you type into Excel to show in Visio. And then, as you edit the values in Excel, do they get reflected in Visio? First, you want to ensure that your connections between Visio and Excel are working.

After you ensure that Visio and Excel are connected and Visio Services is working, then you can introduce PI data.  And even when you work with  PI data, first ensure that you have Excel services updating PI data when in Sharepoint. And, then you can connect Visio to that Excel file which is already in the Sharepoint folder.