9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2010 2:27 PM by spilon

How to write messages in "Status Report" window of PI-ProcessBook using VBA?

Gael

Dear all,

I am looking for a solution to write messages in the "Status Report" window of PI-ProcessBook using VBA.

Could you please give me an example or tell me which method do I need to use?

Thanks in advance,

regards.

Gael

• Re: How to write messages in "Status Report" window of PI-ProcessBook using VBA?
          ldieffenbach

Greetings Gael!

As the Product Manager for PI ProcessBook, I'm naturally curious about why you want to append the information that is currently shown in the Status Report window in PI ProcessBook. As I'm sure you know, this window is intended to reflect the state of data retreival on a symbol by symbol basis, so the opportunity to post additional information to this window is limited at best.

If you can describe to me what you'd like to accomplish, perhaps there is another means to get your desired result.

• Re: How to write messages in "Status Report" window of PI-ProcessBook using VBA?
              Gael

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing a "rich" display with VBA code (animation of objects, connection to third party system, specific calculations...). In case of errors in the program (or just to show the progression of the program), I want to be able to show these messages to the user without Msgbox (pop-up).

The "Status Report" was quite a good solution because it can give to the user a quick information of the status of the display (using the green or red status in the bottom of the application).

Maybe, it is possible to use a status bar indication like in Excel but I didn't find it.

Could you tell me if this functionality exists in PI-PB?

Rgds

Gael