mikeloria

Entering Quality Data

Discussion created by mikeloria on Feb 9, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 by Ahmad Fattahi

We are currently getting ready to create our first process of having a lab analyst enter quality data that will get written to PI and viewed in Processbook by manufacturing. We are giving this great thought because it will most likely be a solution that will be reused in many many areas in our corporation.

I have tested out manual logger and although it does have many nice features and meets many of the requirements, it appeared to be a bit heavy handed for applications where only 3 or 4 values are to be entered and entered at a desktop machine (not a handheld). Also, I found it not to be as intuitive as I would like. I am now considering creating a web app that can have an entry form for each area. We are a java shop so I was considering giving that a try although I have been using OLEDB pretty regularly.

Some of the requirements would be that the analyst may need to edit/delete some of their entries and be able to search back in time which maual logger appeared to be helpful with this requirement.

Please let me know if anyone has any alternatives besides a web app? Any examples would be awesome as well. I thought of doing it right in ProcessBook but the VBA seemed kind of cumbersome for this application. I want to add validation and so forth.

Also, the data will also be used to create SQC alarms.

Thank you in advance for your time in reading this and responding

Outcomes