farooquf

Multiple PI Collective.

Discussion created by farooquf on Feb 9, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 by spilon

Hi Guys,

Couples of week back we had long discussion on multiple PICollective and path construction. Those questions still are open. In this thread I'm discibing the flow of message and involvement of systems. Considering Middleware and multiple collective what can be the stretagic solution to handle PICollective in Path?

1882.timeseries-data.JPG

SAP IS-U is calling SAP PI Webservice and sending require parameters such as UII, Channel, CIM , Start date, end date and number values in request. SAP PI is taking all request parameters, constructing path (pi://server/UII.Channel.CIM.Value), setting Arch Mannar and finally calling GetPIArchieveData. This solution works fine if we have only one PICollective and know the server name in advance. But in case of multiple PICollective, both SAP IS-U and SAP PI have no information on PICollective and location of the tag.  So I can’t pass server name either from IS-U or SAP PI. If consumer doesn’t know the server name how can he approach and get the time-series data using PITimeSeries service? How can I archive this scenario in our requirements where multiple PICollective are involved? Is there any plan/roadmap of implementing this functionality?  I’m looking for a solution that can call the PITimeSeries service, hit the right PICollective server and get the time-series data.

Note: Similar constraints for GetPISummaryData and GetPISnapshotData. We have a requirement to use this operation also.

Can these be possible solutions??

-          Implement the logic of identifying PI collective in PITimeSeries service itself. Consumer (SAP IS-U/SAP PI) pass complete tag name except server name. Service should identify the server name and handle the request.

-          Make PITimeSeries as a composite service so that it can take tag parameters, call the AF server, get the tag location, if possible, read the data, and finally return the time-series data to consumer.

-          A look up service that can tell the server name where particular tag sits. Once we have a server name we can pass it in the path (in SAP PI or IS-U).

Outcomes