cjrancur

Creating trends on PB entries

Discussion created by cjrancur on Feb 24, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 by spilon

I am looking for appropriate syntax for the PB VBA "Entry DefineMethod"  szAction and szDirectory parameters.  My PB VBA language reference documentation file is from 2007, maybe I need to update.  I'll do that, but I wanted to see if maybe a guru on this forum could help me with my general task.

I am asking because  I want to build a PB with links to 136 similar trends.  Rather than using a module for each (we only have 156 PI tags remaining on our license,  OWWWH!, and money is scarce for upping the ante), I am working out a way to automate this rote task in PB.  I've figured out how to make 136 separate pdi displays with the trends in the format I want using PB VBA.  But I'm stumped on doing the similar project with entries within a piw file, instead of as separate pdi displays. Yes, I could copy/paste 136 pdi files into a piw, but I don't want to.  I'd like to have a routine that I might use for later, similar projects also.

I haven't yet figured out how to make an equivalence between a display, and an entry.  I know that an entry is a higher level object than a display, and an entry can take the form of a text, a display or a link.  Yet getting a display object from an entry object is so far something that I haven't mastered.  I'd really appreciate help on it.  In the meantime, the Entry.Path string may give me some clues on the format for szAction and szDirectory.  I'll fiddle with some more trial and error, but so far, that has not led me to success.

Thank you for your help,

Carrie Rancuret

Outcomes