3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 6:11 PM by spilon

Is there way to mass update digital sets in PI SMT or datalink?

hollyy

Hi,

I'm trying to convert 100 digital sets from 2 states to 4 states in PI SMT or datalink. Is there a simplier method besides manually updating each set in PI SMT.

Thanks

• Re: Is there way to mass update digital sets in PI SMT or datalink?
          Ahmad Fattahi

You can use PI SDK Add and ReplaceStates method from the StateSet object. Please refer to the PI SDK use manual for all the details. One important point that stands out here is to have an eye on the order of the states in your digital sets. If you change the order of the old members in the digital set you may face problems in the values of events already in the archives.

hanyong

If you are looking more for the non-programmatic approach. If you look at the Digital States plugin on PI-SMT3, there are options to import digital set configuration from a csv file into a PI Server.

There is also an export function to export the existing digital set out from the PI server, if you need a reference, of how the csv file should be like.

Since this would be more of a PI Server administrative matter, if you need more help about how to use the tool, you can also contact our Techsupport Team for assistance.

I would also vote for Han Yong's "Export to CSV, Adapt the state sets, Import from CSV" method in PI SMT. For whatever reason, if you really need to write an application that does digital state set management, another option is to use the classic PI OLEDB Provider.

Should you opt for the CSV approach, I would contact our regular technical support team, as Han Yong pointed out. If you need help with the PI SDK approach suggested by Ahmad or the PI OLEDB Provider, then feel free to post something in their respective forum.