AlistairFrith

Statistical calculation in AF

Discussion created by AlistairFrith on Mar 1, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 by spilon

Don't know if this is the right place but I think the solution will involve AF...

The customer needs an element-relative display with the following data options:

• Number of times an element attribute (tag data reference) crossed a threshold (the threshold is user-adjustable) during each sub-period of a period (each hour of a day / each day of a week / etc)
  • Times during the day when a value was at its maximum/minimum over a period. E.g. on 3 days during the last week, the maximum value was between 6pm and 7pm and on 4 days the maximum was between 8am and 9am.

There are various PE type functions that could be used in Processbook Calculated datasets but this is supposed to be Element-relative and I don't think I can look at AF attributes from within these formulae.

I could create attributes with Formula data references but how to get them to use a threshold that the user may want to change.

I could also create a trend looking at the same item over different time periods, again using data-sets. This may do for the second one, overlaying each days trace on the same trend.

I can use VBA within ProcessBook and/or C# .NET  and the AF SDK to do this.

Any other suggestions?

--- Alistair.

Outcomes