EdwinYH

Shorten Default Digital States Message when Status is "Set to Bad"(247) in Processbook

Discussion created by EdwinYH on Mar 2, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 by Ahmad Fattahi

Hi Vcampus!

I have quite a lot of  values on my ProcessBook screen, and many of them are averages (the averages are AF attributes).

It is common that some individual values used to calculate the averages are not available, so the average value becomes a message saying "Data was not available for Attribute 'Station1.Temperature A' " .

However, I have many values on the screen and the error messages start overlapping with each other as well as blocking the good values, and it ends up pretty messy.  So it would be great for me if all the messages are shortened to "Pt N/A"

I checked that the Status of such a value is "Set to Bad", and the corresponding Status Number is 247.

So in PI System Manager > Points > Digital States > Under MYDATABASE > SYSTEM, I changed "Set to Bad" to "Pt N/A" , a message box comes up saying

"State 247 is in the reserved system state range. Are you sure you want to edit it?"

I clicked "yes" and restarted the computer, but when I checked my ProcessBook screen, the error mesages are still the same.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to shorten the message by using some other methods?

Thanks very much!

Yong

Outcomes