7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 2:55 PM by dhollebeek

Hide the trend scales?

AlistairFrith

Our customer does not like the trend scales in ProcessBook. We have 4 traces. The first one is scaled 0 to 350 and the other 3 are all scaled 200 to 300. The customer would like the 0 to 350 scale on the left and a single 200 to 300 scale on the right.

I thought maybe I could hide the normal trend scales and programatically place my own either side of the trend, but I can't seem to hide the normal scale. Is this possible?

--- Alistair.

• Re: Hide the trend scales?
          dhollebeek

In the trend definition dialog. Change the color of the scales to "None".  I think that's what it is called.

AlistairFrith

No, I don't think that will work. We can change the Axis, the Grids or the trend Text.

Setting the Text colour to 'None' will work if we are on Single Scale but we are on Multiple Scales. Also, setting the Text colour to 'None' also removes the labelling on the Time axis.

Setting the Grid colour to 'Non' just removes the grid lines, not the axis labelling.

Setting the Axis colour to 'None' just hides the vertical scale axis line, not the vertical scale numbers.

--- Alistair.

I don't think you can do what you need.

When you have a single scale you can only hide the vertical scale by setting the "Text" to "None", but this hides all text on the trend.  When using multiple scales the scales inherit the colour of the "Pen" of the corresponding trace.  

AlistairFrith

That's what I thought, Rhys.

I think I will have to suggest they have 2 trends, arranged vertically above each other, each with single scales and only showing related tags where the single scale is appropriate. I don't think they gain anything from having it all on one trend apart from the vertical height.

--- Alistair.

dhollebeek

I did some playing with this (including trying to stack a see-through trend on top of the other trend).  There's no real workable solution other than what you guys have already come up with.  Feel free to file an enhancement request with support if you desire.

MikeReid

Hi Alistair,

I managed to do this years ago in an older version of ProcessBook - to hide the scale for digital tags. It was done by putting some punctuiation character(s) into the 'Format' box in the trend configuration panel.

I can't remember exactly what I had been using, and I can't find any obvious chanracter now which works - best I can see right now is '-', which just shown as '-' on the scale which is not very intrusive.

Even if you do manage to find the magic sequence (trial and error?) - don't forget that any manual scaling you display needs to cope with zoom etc.

dhollebeek

I put a single "space" character in the format box and the scales went away, but so did the legend values (I'm testing in 3.3, but the results should be similar in earlier versions).  So if you're OK programatically re-writing both the scales and legend values, this method could work ...