3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 2:30 PM by spilon

WebPart Pi TreeView and WebPart Pi Table

juan.critical

Hi everyone,

I'm showing some data on a WebPart Pi Table, with a query writed on Pi Relational Datasets.

It's possible this query receive an attribute from Pi TreeView? How can I write this query?

What I need: When I choose some element from TreeView the data from Pi Table need to change using the query with an attribute from this element.

It's possible?

Txs all. =)

• Re: WebPart Pi TreeView and WebPart Pi Table
          juan.critical

Correcting:

I'm showing some data on a WebPart Pi Table, with a query written on Pi Relational Datasets.

Is it possible for this query to receive an attribute from Pi TreeView? How can I write this query?

What I need: When I choose some element from TreeView the data from Pi Table need to change using the query with an attribute from this element.

Is this possible?

• Re: WebPart Pi TreeView and WebPart Pi Table
              pkaiser

Yes, if you build a parameter into your relational query, then you can have the value of that parameter passed from PI TreeView to PI Table. In the PI Data Services administration site, when writing the SQL query for your relational dataset, use a question mark ("?") in the SQL statement as a parameter placeholder. Then PI Data Services will allow you to give a name to that parameter, and it will appear connectable in the toolpane for PI Table when you configure it to show that dataset. For more detailed information, refer to the Administrator Guide for PI Data Services, in the section regarding SQL Placeholders.