wpurrer

ACE and maintainability & error tolerance

Discussion created by wpurrer on Apr 29, 2011

Hello Vcampus community.

I’m trying to use „ACE“ for some advanced calculations, but in terms of maintainability of the calculation I have the following issues I have to cover. (the calculation should run time triggered (for example every minute,…)

USECASES:
a) When the connection to the interface is down (because of network,…) and it gets up again (and sends the data to the buffer to the pi – server) the ACE – Calculation should automatically wait until the data is received.

b) Same Situation if the pi – server is down, it automatically should recalculate the “down” time period when it gets back up again.

c) Third issue is that the (End) User should be able to set a date where the recalculation should start.

My Idea was

• At first I uncouple the “calculation time from the interval the ace is really calculated”. I “remember somehow the last “successful calculation” in an attribute (Timestamp) And  everytime the ace calculation is running it uses the following .
           For ( Time = “LastSuccessfulCalculation”; time < now() ;time = time + interval)
            { DoRealCalculation() }
    This should solve USECASE B,C because I can give a user RW – Rights to this attribute and then I can manage the “calculation” by himself 
  • UseCase A I solve with checking the heartbeat of the interface ( If the last event is to old, it waits for the calculation)

@ community What is your opinion? Has somebody already solved this problem ?

@ osisoft Where aren’t there any standard solution for this problem ?

Outcomes