5 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2011 1:29 PM by panagiotis.perdikis

Sharepoint 2010 + PI datalink Server 2010 error

panagiotis.perdikis
      Hello, We have installed a demo system in the office with the latest PI server version on one machine and a Web server along with Sharepoint server 2010, PI Webparts 2010 and Datalink Server 2010 on a second machine.  The second machine operating system in a SBS 2008 SP2. Although all PI webparts work fine, excel webpart is not able to display any data from PI server, all it shows is #VALUE! The file works fine when run from within excel in a laptop running excel 2007.  By the way, the SBS is 64 bit and also has Excel 2010 64 bit, but Datalink 2010 does not work on it because Excel is 64 bit.  Could that relate to the #VALUE! problem we see above in the web page, in other words is Datalink and Datalink Server related in any way?  How could we go around to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance, Panagiotis Perdikis INTEC LTD
        • Re: Sharepoint 2010 + PI datalink Server 2010 error
          Ahmad Fattahi

Panagiotis,

this may sound too simple and you may have already checked this but it is worth double-checking. Sometimes this symbol shows up when the value does not quite fit in the cell. In other words, the cell just needs to be wider. Can you make the cells wider or try retrieving a single short value from the PI Server to see if it makes any difference?

I am assuming you are not developing any codes. If that's the case and the above doesn't help, I would friendly suggest you contact our regular Tech Support for a more thorough (and possibly live session) analysis.

• Re: Sharepoint 2010 + PI datalink Server 2010 error
            Halenger

Panagiotis,

Maybe I can help with this as I JUST resolved this problem...  Right away I want to ask, how did you install SharePoint?  Is it on a domain or did you do the "work-around" and created the SQL database by the powershell commandlet?  I originally installed SharePoint 2010 on a complete single farm server as a workgroup (this is done by the powershell commandlet mentioned) but soon came to realize the SharePoint server needs to be added to a domain.  Once I added the server to a domain and re-installed SharePoint 2010 everything went kinda smooth...

The DataLink Server guide mentions to start the Claims to Window Token Service via services...  I've found that I had to ALSO re-start the Claims to Window Token Service via SharePoint Central Administrator (from Main Page in Central Administrator > Under System Settings > Select "Manage Services on Server")...  Hope this helps...