Lonnie Bowling

PI Codeplex?

Discussion created by Lonnie Bowling Champion on Jul 8, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 12, 2011 by Lonnie Bowling

So, the other day I was working with a customer and needed to do a very simple operation, just get an average value for a PI tag.  It has been a awhile since I have done this and did not have a working example using the SDK on my computer.  I looked at the SDK document and had the usually experience, hard to find what function I needed to call, and could not follow the example.  I told the customer that I will need some time to look into it and get back to them.  So why am I telling everyone this?

I think this might have been suggested in the past, but I will bring it up again anyway.  It would be so awesome to have a place here on vCampus where users could add/comment/lookup code examples for any operation.  I think it would really help new and old SDK developers to have a searchable library of code.  I would add stuff to one if it existed.   Searching the board is OK, but I spend a lot of time reading threads and then the code is not always posted. If we had a place to put code, we could comment on if it works and the author could make changes if bugs were found.  Anyway, just a suggestion (I'm sure others have suggested this before) and story on a recent experience.  I'm always trying to figure out how vCampus could be even better!  Have a great day and the much thanks to the hard work the vCampus team is doing!

Lonnie

Outcomes