1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 12:32 PM by dtakara

Error: Could not start the notification: Too soon to attempt reconnection.

sandeep.narang

Hi,

I have created a notification in PI Explorer, when I try to start the Notification I am getting the following error

Error: Could not start the notification: Too soon to attempt reconnection.

It will be  a great help for me , if someone can let me know what could be an issue here.

Thanks in Advance.

• Re: Error: Could not start the notification: Too soon to attempt reconnection.
          dtakara

Hi Sachin,

You may want to check in PI System Explorer, Notifcations>Tools>Notification Settings>Global Configuration and make sure that "PI Server for History Storage" or "HistoryServerName" is correct.

If this is not the issue, then I kindly invite you to contact our regular Technical Support, with any of these contact methods. As this is more related to installation/configuration than programming, they should be able to help you more efficiently.

If it is not ask too much, we would certainly appreciate if you came back here later and told us what the actual cause of the issue was, for future reference.