1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 7:55 PM by jru

RtReports - Approval without verify it?

erick.marrero

Hi all,

Currently I'm working some projects in the life science industry, and as you may know this is a high regulated environment. Unfortunately, my customer does not have a development environment in which I can test this that I'm going to ask.

In RtReports, can you approve a report without verify it? Or It is mandatory to verify the report before to approve it? Can I do this for each report template or will I impact all report templates? The issue is that there are some reports that does not need the verification since the person who does the approval is the same who does the verification.

To clarify, I'm not talking about the review/approval cycle of a report template. I'm talking about the verify/approve cycle of a generated report.

Thanks

• Re: RtReports - Approval without verify it?
          jru

Hi Erick,

Thanks for posting on PI Square.

I looked into your inquiry and found that you cannot approve a report without verifying it.

This is a design decision directed towards accountability and security for the Report.  By requiring all sections to be verified, the end user knows exactly which person has looked at and verified a section.

While I understand that it's faster to just click approve for a report since the same user is verifying and approving, it's always important to promote this sense of accountability and verification.

~Jesse

1 of 1 people found this helpful