6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2017 2:23 PM by tmcmanus

PItoPI interface is updating data with 1 day delay

ashwin.cheela

Hello Community,

From few days PItoPI is retrieving data with 1 day delay. basically pitopi tags will update once in a day

source pi server update everyday @5:00AM. but destination pi server receives data with 1 day delay (for exapmle: destination pi server is getting yesterdays @5:00am ). there are some other tags are also configured with 1 min, which is updating fine and configuration of both the tags are looks perfect

Thanks in Advance

Ashwin

• Re: PItoPI interface is updating data with 1 day delay
          sraposo

Hi Ashwin,

Is it possible for you to post your interface .bat file here so we can see how it configured as well as a set of SDK logs from the PI to PI interface node spanning 2 days while the issue was happening? If this is not possible, I think opening a support case with us would be the best approach.

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Contact-Us/

Thanks,

Sebastien

ashwin.cheela

Hello Sebastien,

please find below .bat file of interface

E:\APPS\PIPC (x86)\Interfaces\PItoPI\PItoPI.exe" 2 /src_host=HostIPAddress:5450 /rh=72 /rh_inc=12.0 /C1 /C2=0 /C3=3 /C4=1 /C5=2 /PTID /DB=2,3,5,6 /TS /ps=PS1 /ps=PS2 /ps=PS3 /ps=PS4 /ID=2 /host=HostServer:5450 /pisdk=0 /maxstoptime=120 /PercentUp=100 /logps /sn /sio /perf=8 /f=00:00:10 /f=00:00:30 /f=00:01:00

coming to logs, I will share it with you to email

Thank you

Ashwin

sraposo

Hi Ashwin,

In that case please open a support ticket.

Thank you!

Sebastien

ashwin.cheela

Sabastien,

Do you found any issues in PItoPI configuration

Thank you

Ashwin

tmcmanus

Hi Ashwin, I can't see anything on the surface from the config file. Additionally, since it seems that some tags are receiving data as expected but others aren't, we may need to dive into the logs.

I have messaged you privately, as posting message logs to a public form is likely not a recommended option (sensitive information such as IP addresses or hostnames). It will probably be best if our Support team works with you privately moving forwarded.

However, I wanted to address one thing publicly here, as it might benefit other PI Square users:

You mentioned that you have many PItoPI instances running on that same node, which can make message log viewing very difficult. In my private message I included a way to filter those messages better, and am posting it here as well:

You can use the PIGETMSG command line utility to filter messages based on an interface’s PointSource and InterfaceID. If you are not familiar with this command line utility, you can access it from the %PIHOME%\adm folder on an interface node (cd /d %pihome%\adm).

We will use the “-src2” parameter to filter, which displays a string in the format of: “<PointSource> | <IntID> | <Scan class>”

(Note: You can view this for yourself in a more readable way using the AboutPI-SDK utility. In the Message Log tab, right click on the column header bar and select Source2 to enable it. Then refresh the logs and you should see these values. Unfortunately, you cannot filter by Source2 directly in the SDK Utility, which is why we need to use the command line)

Pigetmsg –st *-2d –et * -src2 “PITOPI | 1 | *” > messagelogs.txt

In this example, the interface I’m filtering to has a PointSource=PITOPI and an InterfaceID=1. Feel free to adjust the start time duration (-st) which here is set to “*-2d”). The output will go to the file specified – messagelogs.txt located in the same folder.

Make sure you have spaces between the PointSource, the “|” symbols, and the InterfaceID value.

1 of 1 people found this helpful