2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 5:47 PM by MikeSpath

How to create e-mail groups via the AF SDK

MikeSpath

Hello:

I'm using AF SDK 2016 and looking for how to programatically create an e-mail group. In PI Explorer / Contacts there is a tree structure: Contacts, Escalation Teams, Groups, Delivery Endpoints.

I'd like to be able to create Groups and Escalation Teams. I can create contacts easy in code but struggling a bit for Groups and Escalation teams. I've been searching in the help file as well.

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: How to create e-mail groups via the AF SDK
          MikeSpath

just to tack on: below is my code that does not work.

var temp = AFContact.FindContacts(piSystem, descriptionIdentifier, AFSearchField.Description, AFSortField.Name, AFSortOrder.Ascending, 1000, true);

AFNotification myNotification = new AFNotification(db, groupname);

myNotification.Description = description;

foreach (var email in lstemail)

{

var contact = temp.Where(a => a.EMail.ToLower() ==  email.ToLower()).FirstOrDefault();

if (contact != null)

{

myNotification.NotificationContacts.Add(contact, contact.EMail);

}

}

myNotification.CheckIn();

• Re: How to create e-mail groups via the AF SDK
              MikeSpath

Don't mean to answer my own question but there was an example in the help that was able to help me. I was a bit confused at first when I read the code as you have to create contact templates apparently and that becomes the group (or escalation group)

// Create a Hierarchy of Notification Contact Templates

AFNotificationContactTemplate myContactTemplate1 = new AFNotificationContactTemplate(myPISystem, "MyContact#1");

AFNotificationContactTemplate myContactTemplate2 = new AFNotificationContactTemplate(myPISystem, "MyContact#2");

AFNotificationContactTemplate myGroupContactTemplate = new AFNotificationContactTemplate(myPISystem, "MyGroup");

myGroupContactTemplate.ContactType = AFNotificationContactType.Group;

myGroupContactTemplate.NotificationContactTemplates.Add(myContactTemplate1);

myGroupContactTemplate.NotificationContactTemplates.Add(myContactTemplate2);

Mike