AnsweredAssumed Answered

ProcessBook 2015 R2 Add-In Issue

Question asked by CalebH on Feb 21, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 by CalebH

Hello,

We have a PI ProcessBook Add-In (.NET 4.0) that has been working fine for several years.  Recently a customer installed it on a computer with ProcessBook 2015 R2 and now every time ProcessBook opens on that computer there is a popup error with the title "Element Relative Display" and text "Unable to cast object of type 'System.__ComObject' to type 'PISDK.PISDKClass'.

PB2015R2Error.png

I was able to replicate the issue in-house on a test VM (Windows Server 2008).  When remote debugging the Add-In, however, I can verify that there are no errors/exceptions thrown during any of the code in the "OnConnection" Sub.  That message comes up after any code I can step through.  I tried switching out the references by changing the following but it did not help.

* OSIsoft.PISDK.dll:  1.3.6.361 -> 1.4.4.486

* OSIsoft.PBOjbLib.dll:  1.0.0.0 (I don't think this DLL was version stamped properly)  -> 3.6.0.82

* OSIsoft.PBSymLib.dll:  1.0.0.0 (I don't think this DLL was version stamped properly)  -> 3.6.0.82

I do not have ProcessBook 2015 R2 installed on my dev machine because we are trying to keep backwards compatibility back to ProcessBook 2012 SP1 - is that not going to be possible?

Any ideas on how to narrow down the problem source since remote debugging is not finding it?

Thanks,

Caleb

Outcomes