2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 2:13 PM by gregor

How to utilize the EventHandler<AFProgressEventArgs> in AF SDK Methods that run for long amounts of time

natdavidson

I've been building a few custom tools for our team to be more efficient, I've used the AFDataReference class and the accompanying CreateConfig method to apply PI tag builder scripts we have in our templates. It works great, except it does take some time to complete (rightfully so, as its' scope can be upwards of 600 attributes). In all of the overloads, there is an argument EventHandler<  AFProgressEventArgs> that seems like i would be able to relay status of some type back to my code and in turn back to the user. I've tried configuring my code to utilize this argument, rather than just setting it to null, as I have been doing to get it to work how i need it to. I'm still pretty green in my c# knowledge, and i'm not a professional programmer, i'm learning c# and af sdk as an auxiliary to my main work responsibilities, so any dumbing down of how to work with this would be appreciated.