Can you please clarify how ModbusS interface assigns timestamp to PI tag. I read in the manual that "The default state is that tag timestamps are set when a response is received". I have couple of queries, appreciate to get clarification on them.
- What if the response is not received to the interface and the next request is initiated?
- What happens if interface does not get a full data set in response to a request? Does it make a second request?
- Does interface writes the values that it has received from the partial data set?
- How will the timestamp assignment change if Timestamp is "set on request"? If request was initiated at 13:00:20 and if the complete response is received at 13:00:22, I understand that PI event will be written at 13:00:20, but if complete response was not received - this will not be recorded and a next request will be initiated as per the scan class - Is my understanding correct here?
- In some case, we see nterface writes 2 different data at same timestamp. What could be the reason for this? The configuration for timestamp is default on the interface and the source is configured as slave.