3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 8:21 AM by hanyong

AFElement.FindElementsByAttribute

sandeep.narang

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know how to use "In" operator in AFElement.FindElementsByAttribute method ?

We are using below query

AFAttributeValueQuery[] avqs = new AFAttributeValueQuery[] { new AFAttributeValueQuery(objAFElementTemplate.AttributeTemplates[attributeName], AFSearchOperator.In, "value1,value2,value3") };

Please assist us....

Thanks

• Re: AFElement.FindElementsByAttribute
          hanyong

I think AFAttributeValueQuery.AttributeValue should be an array of values that you want to match to, instead of a string seperated by comma as you have shown in your code snippet.

For example, if I want to find all elements that has a attribute with template "Asset Name" and value of either "High Pressure" or "Low Pressure":

AFElementTemplate boiler = Database.ElementTemplates["Boiler"]; //get element template from AF Database
          AFAttributeTemplate an = boiler.AttributeTemplates["Asset Name"]; //get attribute template from element template
          AFAttributeValueQuery cond = new AFAttributeValueQuery(an, OSIsoft.AF.Search.AFSearchOperator.In, new string[] { "High Pressure", "Low Pressure" });
          AFAttributeValueQuery[] conds = new AFAttributeValueQuery[1];
          conds[0] = cond;
          AFNamedCollectionList<AFElement> Elements = AFElement.FindElementsByAttribute(null, "B*", conds, true, AFSortField.Name, AFSortOrder.Ascending, 1000);

Hope this helps