2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 6:57 PM by jfeske

Override default sender in Notifications 2016 on a per notification basis

bmccamant

Feature of Notifications 2012 that was not carried forward - big mistake.

Need the ability to customize/override the default sender email on notifications on a per notification basis.

• Allows users to configure email rules to take actions such as file in certain folders, forward, etc.
      • Also - with iPhone VIP setting, can set up phone to alert differently for critical notifications.

Huge swing and miss...  need to get this back ASAP

• Re: Override default sender in Notifications 2016 on a per notification basis
          tmcmanus

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your input on this feature and providing some great use-case scenarios as to how you utilize this feature. I see you have already gone and created a Feedback Item here:

Ability to override sender email per notification

Thanks for doing that: our PMs and Dev teams are very active on our feedback forum, and this kind of feedback really helps us drive our products forward in the right direction, especially in this instance of Notifications having undergone such a substantial re-write that did force us to delay the inclusion of some functionality.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Override default sender in Notifications 2016 on a per notification basis
            jfeske

Hi Bruce,

Though you cannot customize the sender email by notification, you can customize it for each contact using the Contacts plugin:

Given the description of your use case, it does not look like this will solve your problem, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of this feature. The use case you describe does sound like a powerful application of the ability to customize the sender email by notification, and I’ve voted up your UserVoice post – hopefully it will be addressed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful