4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 4:01 PM by rsun

How to get data and hierarchy in the Silverlight?

zhumar

Hi.

We are moving our PI SharePoint portal from 2007 (old server) to 2013 (new test server). Most web parts work correctly, but developers can't configure 2 Silverlight components. These Silverlight components work on the
      old server by using (unknown for us) PIOleServices (IIS website). PI Support said that PIOleServices was written by someone, not Osisoft. I tried to move PIOleServices folder and configure in IIS, but unsuccessfully.

Could you, please, advise - what kind of instrument and how I should use to make these Silverlight components workable on the new server? These components show hierarchy and elements with attributes like in PI AF (PI System Explorer).

If I'm not mistaken, it can be done via PI OLEDB Enterprise and linked server in SQL. Also, maybe, via PI WebApi?

Some details about new server:

1. Windows Server 2012 R2 Std.
      2. Osisoft MS Runtime Redistributables (also x64).
      3. PI AF Client 2015.
      4. PI Buffer Subsystem.
      5. PI OLEDB 2010 R3 (x64)
      6. PI OLEDB Enterprise 2012 (also x64)
      7. PI SDK x64 & x86 2014 R2.
      8. PI Web Services 2010 R3.
      9. PI WebParts Services 2013 SP3.
      10. Visual Studio 2010.

Some details about old server:

1. Windows Server 2003 R2.
      2. Osisoft MS Runtime Redistributables.
      3. PI AF Client 2010 R3.
      4. PI Buffer Subsystem.
      5. PI Data Services.
      6. PI GenericNames DLL.
      7. PI ICU.
      8. PI Performance Monitor ICU control.
      9. PI Performance Monitor Interface.
      10. PI PING ICU Control.
      11. PI PING Interface.
      12. PI ProcessBook 3.2.0.0 (also MRD & SVG add-in).
      13. PI SNMP ICU and Interface.
      14. PI SDK x86.
      15. PI Spt DLL.
      16. PI TCPResponse ICU Control and Interface.
      17. PI Web Services 2010 R2.
      18. PI WebParts 2010 R2.
        • Re: How to get data and hierarchy in the Silverlight?
          rsun

Hi Ruslan,

Is that PIOleServices running as a service? You said "I tried to move PIOleServices folder and configure in IIS, but unsuccessfully". I believe you might be missing some of the part that you didn't know. Do you have any documentation that can help you to understand more about PIOleServices?

However, we would be able to help you better if you can let us know the architecture and what it is trying to do with PI. By the name, I am guessing it is using PI OLEDB Provider and PI OLEDB Enterprise.

If you want to re-program your web application, PI Web API would be one of the options, because it allows you to submit GET and POST request and get a JSON object back.

Thanks.

Ricky

zhumar

Hi Ricky,

Is that PIOleServices running as a service?

No, it's a web site in IIS:

07-04-2017 16-35-41.jpg

I believe you might be missing some of the part that you didn't know. Do you have any documentation that can help you to understand more about PIOleServices?

No, unfortunately, we don't have any documentation. It was created some other people a long time ago. I found a similar idea here (https://pisquare.osisoft.com/message/13121#comment-13121 ) about own web service.

So, we have a failover cluster with 2 PI AF Server nodes: PI AF Server 2016 R2 SP1, PI AF Client 2016 R2 SP1, PI Analysis Service 2016 R2. Also, SQL server node with an instance (DBs - PIFD etc).

We have the structure of elements in PI AF like this:

07-04-2017 17-45-13.jpg

And we want to have the similar hierarchy in the Silverlight components:

07-04-2017 17-47-21.jpg

Most of webparts in the Sharepoint portal use PI OLEDB. Developers tried to use same mechanism with Silverlight components, but unsuccessfully.

Thank you,

Ruslan.

zhumar

Hi all,

any advices? I will appreciate it)