3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2017 3:51 PM by skwan

How Average a Value Through an Event

BarryHu

Have another newbie question.

I want to get the average value of an attribute ( a PI tag for tank temperature) through out an event. I have the attribute and event generation configured but couldn't figure out how to get the average through the event. This particular calculation probably don't have actual use. Just want to learn how to configure things like this.

Thanks,

Barry

• Re: How Average a Value Through an Event
          skwan

Barry,

Have you considered configuring the PI Point Data Reference attribute as an average?  It would provide an average using the start and end time of the event frame.

--

Steve Kwan

BarryHu

Hi Stephen,

I go the chance to talk to an OSI engineer and got my answer. I had some misunderstanding about the nature of Event Frame template. I think the name is a bit misleading, too. I though Event Frame template is where you define how to capture an event. Instead it's about what information you want to get when an event happens. You actually capture the event using things like Analysis, then associate the event frame template with that event. I'm new to this so...

Thanks,

Barry

skwan

Hi Barry,

I'm glad you got the information that you needed.  As a side note, from an end user perspective, templates define what that object looks like.  For example, an element template defines what an element looks like.  Event frames template defines what an event frame looks like.  Analysis template defines what an analysis looks like, etc.  Perhaps that's a good way for you to look at them.

--

Steve Kwan