I checked on my own AF Server with event frame and I do not have the same behavior. I can rename my base template, and my event frame value did not change. What AF version do you have?
Do you have the same behavior when create a new AF database and test this?
I did not check, but renaming the base template is different from changing the base template.
Did not test myself, but i would try to rename the attributes on the derived template, then change the base template and see which still contains values.
PS: not sure what you mean by "values are erased", are these values with no DataReference set?
Yes these are static references. As example if I have the following frame with for example a "template 1" attached to it:
Attribute 1: value = "a"
Attribute 2: value = "b"
Attribute 3: value = "c"
And now a build a template 2:
Attribute 1: value = no default value since they can be different
Attribute 2: value = no default value since they can be different
Attribute 3: value = no default value since they can be different
And derive template 1 from 2, then all values in the event frames become empty ....
This is undesirable because you often want to pull some attributes from the event frame to a template.
I do not have the same behavior.
Here is what I did, let me know if I missed anything.
1. Create a new AF template (template 1) with 3 attributes (Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3), no default value with the attributes
2. Create a new Event Frame from template 1.
3. Assign a, b, c to Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3 in the new Event Frame
4. Check in
5. Create a new AF template (template 2) with 3 attributes (Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3), no default value with the attributes
6. Click on Event Frame template 2 and select Base Template template 1 (template 1 is 1 level above template 2)
7. Check in
8. Revisit the event frame, I still have a, b, c attached to the Attribute 1, Attribute 2, Attribute 3.
What version of AF do you have?
It happens on 2014 and the newest version.
The main different is in 1-2)
The attributes on the event frame are not from the template they are attached by EMDVB. So the 1st template has no attributes configured.
But you test is good information as well ....!
If you simply changed the name of the template then your attributes shouldn't be effected. Internally AF uses a GUID to link the template and EFs (not being an AF developer there is a certain level of guessing here). As you are relying on Extensions the "Allow Extensions" check box on the template must be selected.
If you are changing templates, i.e. you are changing from template1 to template2, the same is true. Your attributes aren't removed on condition that the "Allow Extensions" check box is checked.