AnsweredAssumed Answered

Different credential are used to connect to AF Server and Data Archive

Question asked by zxvcvf3234 on Apr 14, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 by zxvcvf3234

Hi, I'm trying to read attribute's value. I'm able to connect to PI AF Server and read attribute's value when set to formula or fixed value. But when the attribute is configured to use PI Point (sinusoid) the following value is returned "Cannot connect to the PI Data Archive. Windows authentication trial failed because the authentication method was not tried. Trust authentication trial failed because insufficient privilege to access the PI Data Archive.". I made some additional check and found the following message "Unsuccessful login  ID: 68. Address: x.x.x.x. Name: vstest.executionengine.x86.exe(16868):remote. Credentials used: DomainX\Account1. Method: Trust. Error: [-10413] No trust relation for this request", which is strange because credentials DomainX\Account1 (current user that is logged on client machine) are different from the ones that I specified in Connect() method. Any suggestions what should be done to use same credentials to connect AF Server and Data Archive ? Thanks in advance

Outcomes