AnsweredAssumed Answered

AF Backup Failure

Question asked by vint.maggs@srs.gov on May 1, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 30, 2017 by jstarnes

Good Morning All,

This morning I checked the results of my AF backups and they failed. I am running W2K12R2, hosting PI AF 2016 and Coresight 2016 with SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition. These backups have never completed successfully before, which is fine as it is a new system and I have not finished installation and configuration (but I am getting close). The backup is using the "OSISoft Backup (PIFD)" job.

As prescribed by the PI AF Installation and Upgrade Guide, I made sure to run the job using a credential that had the sysadmin role. I also changed the Recovery Model from Simple to Full, changed the schedule to 1900, specified an output path, and added a parameter,  "@alwaysfullbackup = 0". I thought this parameter was necessary based on the guide (see page 205), but I may be mistaken.

So, now here is the command: EXEC [dbo].[usp_backup] @outpath = N'I:\AF\', @alwaysfullbackup = 0 ;

And my error is: Executed as NT SERVICE\SQLSERVERAGENT. @alwaysfullbackup is not a parameter for procedure usp_backup. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8145). The step failed.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Vint

Outcomes