aldorexbraam

AF Datareference roadmap

Discussion created by aldorexbraam on Oct 17, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 14, 2011 by aabrodskiy

Hi, 

I have been using AF and competing products in various implementations and I have a question regarding the overall AF datareference roadmap....

I started using AF round 2007, one of the things I noted then, and still see lacking, is a standard set of industry connectors for external datasources. 

At that time we had to implement these connectors ourselves, in the expectation we would be caught up by the industry.....

Now 4 years later I am still looking for  technology connectors like SOAP/REST webservices datareferences but also industry connectors like SAP/MIMOSA, LIMS etc. 

I can sort of see where this is coming from since it touches on a fundamental shortcoming in AF (at least in my opion): AF lacks an industry strength cache and chaching strategies. So by supporting such a datareference OSI can't give any performance indications/guaranties anymore.

So my question is this:

Can  anybody give some information on the roadmap wrt. a generic caching strategy for datareferences and support for more 'flavours' of datareferences.

Regards,

Aldo Braam 

Production Intelligence Engineer

Outcomes