6 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 6:50 AM by Nocodes79

AF 2017 Extensibility??

Nocodes79

Am I wrong or Analysis Extensibility and Notification Custom Delivery Channel disappeared from the PI roadmap?

I suppose this 2 points are really important for a number of people? Any news (preferably good news)?

• Re: AF 2017 Extensibility??
          vkaufmann

Hi Nicola,

These things are still very much on the roadmap for Analytics and Notifications. As an example, the 2.9 release included a Delivery Channel for REST endpoints. I know internally there is a lot of work being done on Analysis "Extensibility" for lack of a better word.

This feedback item shows a bit how things might look in future releases.

Custom functions for the analysis service – Customer Feedback for OSIsoft & the PI System

--Vince

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Nocodes79

Good to know Custom analysis are there. I hope the same will happen with custom delivery channels...

REST Delivery Channel does not substitute Ceustom Delivery Channel as we still miss the Contact information (to end notification via SMS, Skype, etc...)

I understand the Roadmap will be  updated soon.

Asle Frantzen

As far as we've understood it there's no plan to support custom delivery channels in the future - only through the REST Delivery Channel.

The Amitec SMS Notification product is in the process of being rewritten as a REST based service at the moment, and will also support Skype for Business.

Nocodes79

Hi Asle,

I have not dug too much into the REST Delivery Channel, but my undesrtanding was that it was not supporting being related to a specific AD Account.

Am I wrong?

I undestand you and AMItech already checked into how to do it.

Could you share what would be the way to get contact information and work with groups and escalation?

Asle Frantzen

You're right about the AD account thing. We've talked to OSIsoft and it might become possible to ship along the mobile phone number in future releases, but we feel we've waited too long already (since the introduction of the new notification rule feature last year) so we've decided not to wait for this, and handle things ourselves in the upcoming release.

Nocodes79

Thanks Asle, that was my worry.

I understand AMITech has its own full notifications product and it makes sense developing that on your own, but my case is a little different. It is just for a customer company who has its own SMS WebService. Wiht customer delivery channels it was quite easy sending SMS to the web service and composing them using the HTML composer.

Developing a whole product for this purpose would be too much (at least when we already have a solution based on old notifications).

I hope someone at OSIsoft can give more information about what you told about contact information...