AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI to PI interface - totalisers: Keep as totalisers or change to PI to PI tags??

Question asked by caffreys_col on May 24, 2017
Latest reply on May 25, 2017 by gachen

Hi All,

I'm just finishing of moving points across from their current configuration to a PI to PI configuration (point source, location1/2/3/4/5, etc) on our target server and I'm at the point of looking at totalisers. I'm not sure what to do with regards keeping the totalisers as totalisers, or editing them to read the totalisers on the source server. Has anyone got suggestions about which is the best way to go??

I've moved the Performance Equations to PI to PI tags, as I wanted to make sure the data on the target server would be the same as the source server (1 version of the truth). But with totalisers I'm not sure exactly what is the best way forward. If I change the configuration of the totalisers on the target server will they even work, or do I have to delete them, then re-add them as PI to PI tags, and do a history recovery action? Can you limit history recovery to individual tags?? If not then every PI to PI tag will be retrieved and I have 11000 tags and >5years worth of data to replicate up to the target server - that's a lot of data.

Regards

Colin

Outcomes