AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way to locate the most recent timestamp of a (non-PI Data Reference) AF attribute with particular value (via AF SDK)

Question asked by TrentHuhn on May 23, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by Asle Frantzen

Apologies if this type of question has been asked before, as I was not able to locate any previous answers.

What I'm attempting to do is to locate the most recent timestamp of an AF attribute (specifically, one with a data reference type of 'Table Lookup') at which the attribute equals a particular value. In my case, the attribute value type is a Boolean. I attempted to use an expression of the form "'\\AFSERVER\AF\Attribute\Path|AttributeName'=True" in conjunction with the AFCalculation.CalculateAtRecordedValues() method, but this returns the following error: "Expressions cannot use attributes with non-PI Data References in Attribute [...]". I also tried using the AFAttribute.Data.RecordedValues() method, but got the following error: "The configured data reference for 'Attribute 'StateCodeOffline' in Element 'XXX'' does not support filter expressions."

Is there any way to evaluate the value of a non-PI Data Reference attribute? If so, what would be the best method to accomplish this?

The attribute in question has a config string as follows:

SELECT Offline FROM UnitDeviceStateCodes WHERE StateCode = @[Operating State] AND UnitDeviceType = @UnitDeviceType

I am currently running AF SDK version 2.8.5.7759 on my local machine. Our AF server is running 2.7.5.7166.

Outcomes