AnsweredAssumed Answered

Event Frames and PI Point value retrieval by Time Range

Question asked by Roger Palmen on Jun 2, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 by Roger Palmen

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused here. I use EventFrames and use the PI Point DR to retrieve values of the Primary Referenced Element. E.g. i create an eventFrame when the unit temperature is too high, and use an attribute to retrieve the average temperature during the EF duration.

Now i would typically build this using e.g.:

But the documentation states that the time range that is applied when resolving the value is delivered by the calling application AND the time range of the EF: https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/server-v9/GUID-C17CF5B6-8146-4E1D-A620-528575C16042

Not very happy with that, as that's not what i need. When i look at the EF, i want to see the average temperature during the EventFrame, not something that is dependent on the time range of the client application.

But now the following on to the value capture, when the event is closed / gets an end time, what time range does that use to evaluate the PI Point value? I assume that is the time range of the Event Frame? Is that captured value in any way effected when the client views the Event Frame with a different time range? Is the referenced documentation then only applicable when the values are NOT captured?

Outcomes