AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI-AF - Expression or Event frame to trigger email???

Question asked by caffreys_col on Jun 6, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 by caffreys_col

I've just migrated to the latest version of AF and all my notification triggers are now Event Frames. This has resulted in lots of event frames being generated, and more will be generated as there is no end trigger to the event frames. We use the Notifications to send emails to people about plant status (every 3 hours), to vendors for raw materials ordering (as and when based on tank levels), and when we have excursions from plant operating limits (we inform the relevant engineering teams). I'm thinking that I need to change from event frames to Expression based analysis, but I'm confused about whether that will still send out the emails when I need them (change in state of a triggering condition) or not? It might be that for the plant status and raw materials ordering that we use Expression based analysis, but for the plant excursions we use Event Frames because then we can see how long the excursions lasted.

The new AF looks great but it seems so different to our old release that I'm not sure what is the best way to trigger the emails/capture the excursions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Colin

Outcomes